· Infosys, Bangalore: An employee applied for leave asfollows:
"Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave."
· This is from Oracle Bangalore: >From an employee whowas performing the "mundan" ceremony of his 10 year old son:
"as I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for twodays.."
· Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employeewho was performing his daughter's wedding:
"as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.."
· From H.A.L. Administration Dept:
"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave."
· Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
"Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave"
· An incident of a leave letter:
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday."
· A leave letter to the headmaster:
"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I requestyou to leave me today"
Another leave letter written to the headmaster:"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day."
· Covering note:
"I am enclosed herewith..."
· Another one:
"Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."
Actual letter written for application of leave:
"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home Imay be granted leave".
· Letter writing:-
"I am well here and hope you are also in the same well."
· A candidate's job application:
"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and anAccountant - Male or Female'... As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.