CAUTION: Glaucoma is a serious condition. Before using any home remedy, be sure to consult an eye specialist.
Home remedies for glaucoma
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) deficiency is one of the most common vitamin deficiencies in the US. B2 is also the vitamin that's most beneficial for eye problems like glaucoma. Take 100 mg every day, along with a B-complex supplement (The reason for the B-complex supplement is that large doses of anyone of the B vitamins can result in urinary losses of other B vitamins.)
- Soak a cloth in hyssop or witch hazel tea and apply to a black eye to reduce swelling.
- Bathe the eyes morning and evening in an eyewash made with fennel seed, chamomile or eyebright.
- Make an eye wash from eyebright, goldenseal, strawberry leaf, or witch hazel tea to relieve irritation.
- Papaya is rich in carotene, this is good for your eyes.